are We doing to prevent junk email (Spam)?
1. We block email with certain
keywords that are commonly found in spam in both the subject
2. We block email with headers that identify the email as being
created in known spam software.
3. We block repeat spammers by IP address or email address.
4. We use the RBL (Real-time Blackhole List) to mark messages
for easy filtering by customers. (Look for this in the header:
5. We use SpamAssassin to further score and mark messages with
additional headers, making it even easier to filter.
6. We've developed easy-to-use optional server-side filters
based on SpamAssassin scoring.
how to setup Spam Filters
on your account
Warning - spam filters
can catch and delete legitimate email messages - use the settings
judiciously, and at your own risk. We cannot recreate emails
that have been deleted due to filtering.
What can you do to block even
more spam from reaching your inbox?
Many popular mail programs come with an option
to filter. These filters can be set up to send email from a
specific address to a folder of your choice, including the trash.
If you don't see instructions listed below for your email program,
please consult your email client documentation for more information
on how to set up filters.
We have also had good luck using the Spamnet
program by Cloudmark - this software runs on your machine, and
acts as a next level filter for your junk email